Blake takes a proactive, commonsense approach to solving his clients’ litigation, employment, and real estate issues. He has represented his clients in all types of legal cases throughout Alabama in both state and federal courts. In his 14 years of practice, Blake has handled cases in 26 or more of Alabama’s 67 counties. He has also represented his clients in litigation and arbitration matters in the state of Georgia. Based on his experience, Blake understands how judges and juries view legal disputes, and he believes in being honest and up front with his clients about the end result.
Blake has been rated AV by Martindale Hubbell for his legal ability and ethics since 2014 and maintains a 9.8 out of 10 rating on AVVO. Blake graduated cum laude (top 10% of his class) from Cumberland School of Law, where he was on the Dean’s list every semester. He was selected to be a member of the Cumberland Law Review and served as its research editor his last year of law school.
Prior to joining Adams White, Blake clerked for Justice Gorman Houston of the Alabama Supreme Court. This gives Blake a unique insight into the how the Alabama State Court System works in general and, particularly, into how the Alabama Appellate Court System works.
Outside of the office Blake enjoys traveling, fishing, and turkey hunting. Blake and his wife Beth have two boys, Davis and Luke. They attend Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Auburn.
REPRESENTATIVE TRIAL EXPERIENCE
Racial Discrimination Trial in Federal Court
- A former employee filed a racial discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuit against Blake’s client, a sawmill in LaFayette, Alabama. The case was tried in the United States Federal District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. Blake represented the saw mill and obtained a jury verdict in its favor at trial.
Personal Injury Jury Trial
- Blake's client was from Camp Hill, Tallapoosa County, Alabama. She was sued in the Lee County, Alabama Circuit Court. She was accused of causing a car accident in Opelika, Alabama causing the Plaintiffs’ personal injuries. Blake successfully defended his client at trial and obtained a jury verdict in her favor.
Environmental Law Trial
- Blake represented a limestone quarry. The quarry was accused of flooding a neighboring property owner's farmland. Blake successfully tried the case in Lee County, Alabama by obtaining a jury verdict well below the property owner's settlement offers before the trial.
Construction Litigation Jury Trial
- Blake represented a general contractor who was defrauded by an engineering firm and not paid by a governmental entity. Blake was successful at trial obtaining a jury verdict in his client's favor in Opelika, Alabama. The seven-figure verdict is believed to be largest fraud verdict in Lee County history.
Summary Judgment for Mobile Home Park
- Blake obtained a Summary Judgment pre-trial dismissal for a mobile home park alleged to have committed fraud regarding a lease-purchase agreement.
Summary Judgment for Limestone Quarry
- Blake obtained a Summary Judgment pre-trial dismissal for a limestone quarry alleged to have been a nuisance to an adjoining landowner.
- Blake obtained a Summary Judgment pre-trial dismissal for a limestone quarry accused of de-watering an adjacent landowner’s well.
Summary Judgment for Church in Slip & Fall Case
- Blake obtained a Summary Judgment pre-trial dismissal for a church, which was alleged to have caused an elderly woman to be injured following a slip & fall.
Summary Judgment for Municipal Sewer Authority in Fraud Case
- Blake obtained a Summary Judgment pre-trial dismissal of claims made by a developer against a municipal sewer and water authority related to a failed residential development.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Graduate of Leadership Lee County
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum Graduate
- Board of Editors, The Alabama Lawyer
- Secretary, Lee County Bar Association
- Grounds Committee, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Local Alumni Advisory Board, Sigma Nu Social Fraternity
- Cincinnati Insurance Company
- Georgia Power
- Lee/Russell Council of Governments
- ADT/Defender Security Systems
- Town Attorney for the Town of Waverly